Guidelines for rapid digestion using the Promega Trypsin/Lys-C Kit for proteomics are found below, or can be downloaded as a pdf.
Guidelines to protect your samples from contamination with keratin
- Try to avoid any contact of samples and solutions with dust, skin or hair
- Clean your bench
- Wear gloves at all times
- Trypsin/Lys-C Mix, MS store the Rapid Trypsin protease, Rapid Trypsin Lys-C protease, Resuspension Buffer and Rapid Digest Buffer at –10°C to –30°C. After reconstitution of the protease in Resuspension Buffer, store at –70°C for up to 1 month. Minimize freeze-thaw cycles of all reagents.
- Use ultra-pure water for all solutions (MilliQ water)
- Rapid Digestion Kit–Trypsin/Lys-C – Product number :VA1061 (The kit contains sufficient reagents to perform up to 100 reactions).
- Protein samples (50µl–1ml) should be resuspended in pure water, mildly-buffered solutions (Tris buffers at a concentration of 25mM or lower, pH 7.0–8.0), or those that have been eluted following affinity purification (with organic acid solutions like 0.1% TFA) for best compatibility with the Rapid Trypsin Digestion workflow
Guidelines for sample submission
- Provide 10ul of samples in recovery vials* or vials with insert for small volumes for LC-MS/MS analysis.
*Autosampler vials appropriate for analysis Waters Total Recovery (part number: 186000385C.)
- Label your tube with the sample ID.
- Fill in the proteomic submission form to provide us with more information about your sample.